STV Group, Incorporated, its subsidiaries, affiliates and related STV companies (hereinafter “STV”) respect the relevant legal privacy rights of visitors to its Site and users of its mobile application which have the same functionality of the website (the “Site”).
This Site is intended to be used only by individuals who wish to apply for employment within STV.
In collecting, using, or disclosing personal information about potential employees, STV will adhere to the obligations set out in this policy and applicable local laws. Where there is a conflict between local law and this policy, local law will apply.
Information voluntarily provided by you
To apply for employment or to receive information from STV about job openings, you may be asked to provide personal information. The personal information that you may be requested to provide may include:
• Contact information, including home address, home telephone, mobile telephone and email address
• Date of birth
• Tax Identification or other government identification number
• Work history
• Education history and results
• Eligibility or right to work
• Interest in employment opportunities
• Job specific questions that relate to your fitness for a particular position
• Employment history
• Information regarding potential conflict of interest issues
• Information you provide to create security questions and answers used to validate your identity when you return to the Site
In some circumstances, STV may ask individuals to self-identify certain personal information such as their ethnicity, gender, veteran status, and disability information. That information is voluntary and your decision to provide or withhold any of that information will not negatively impact whether or how STV will consider you for employment.
STV will treat any personal information considered sensitive under applicable law in accordance with that applicable law. The collection and use of sensitive personal information will be limited to that which is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Your explicit consent will be obtained to the processing of your sensitive personal information, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Use of Personal Information
Information you voluntarily provide
Any personal information collected will be used to:
• enable you to express interest in and/or allow you to apply for employment within STV;
• consider your candidacy for employment within STV;
• comply with any applicable legal and regulatory requirements involving job applicants, which may include providing reports to government agencies;
• verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed in this policy;
• populate your employee records in the event you are hired by STV;
• ensure or enhance the security and functionality of STV’s electronic systems;
• protect against fraud; and
• conduct internal investigations and comply with legal obligations.
Personal information is used only in ways that are compatible with the purposes described in this policy.
STV takes commercially reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information is relevant to its intended use and is accurate, up-to-date, and complete.
Site Navigational Information
STV monitors user traffic patterns throughout the Site according to a user’s domain name, browser type, date and time of access and pages viewed. Web servers collect the domain names and other technical information associated with visitors to the site. This information is collected in order to measure the number of visitors to the Site and to determine which areas of the Site users find useful based upon the amount of traffic to particular areas. STV uses this information to enhance users’ experience at the Site and to better prepare future content based on the interests of users.
Cookies are small text files sent to and stored on users’ computers that allow Sites to recognize repeat users, facilitate users’ access to Sites, and allow Sites to compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. Cookies do not damage users’ computers or files. Web beacons are transparent graphic images, often just the size of a single pixel, that allow Sites to track activity on the site.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, this Site is not compatible with DNT.
Sharing of Personal Information
Because STV operates globally with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish purposes listed in this policy. We will transfer your personal information in a manner that is consistent with applicable legal requirements.
With Third Parties
STV may share your personal information outside STV to:
• service providers STV has retained to perform services on its behalf;
• comply with legal obligations, including in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
• maintain the security and integrity of our networks and systems;
• investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
• prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
• support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
All service providers to STV will use personal information only for the purposes identified in this policy and will provide services under a contract which restricts use of information to that which is necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Access & Correction
You have a right to inquire about the personal information STV holds about you. To access or change your information, you can log into your profile and make any corrections or deletions required. To report problems with the Site or to pose questions or concerns, contact us by emailing HRCallCenter@stvinc.com.
STV has in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the personal information. They include physical, technical, and managerial measures to keep personal information protected from unauthorized access. However, due to the nature of the internet and related technology, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of personal information, and STV expressly disclaims any such obligation.
STV retains personal information as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. Your personal information will be retained so as to consider you for roles for which you may be qualified within STV.
STV may also retain personal information for any additional period as required by applicable law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceedings, or audit requirements.
Changes to this Policy
As STV expands and improves this Site, we may need to update this policy. This policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes.
If you have any comments or questions or if there are other things we can do to maximize the value of this Site to you, please email HRCallCenter@stvinc.com. If you have questions about STV’s privacy practices general, or wish to report a violation of the provisions of this policy, please email HRCallCenter@stvinc.com, or write to the following address:
205 West Welsh Drive
Douglassville, PA 19518